- Take a Business Review and see how we could help improve your cash flow, protect your business and make more of your money.
The magazine for informed insight, global perspective and local knowledge.
it's time you switched to HSBC.
We understand you don't have time to waste, so we've created an exceptional service that's straightforward and easy to access. We also know you expect excellent value so we offer:
- Multi award-winning service 1
- A Business Banking package to meet your business needs
- Dedicated telephone service
- Multi award-winning business internet banking
- Simple switching and account opening
Switch your business banking today
Call 0800 587 4986 2
Superior service and support
We want to make it easier for you to run your business, that's why we're proud to win the Business Moneyfacts Award for 'Best Service from a Business Bank' for a third year running.
Expert guidance when you need it
- To talk about your business needs and how HSBC can help
- Access our dedicated UK based telephone service and speak to a Business Specialist 8am – 10pm seven days a week3
- Take advantage of regular reviews to make sure you're getting the most from your business and personal finances.
Banking on the phone, online and in branch
- 24/74 automated telephone banking and award–winning internet banking service
- Over 1,000 branches across the UK
- Text Message banking for instant updates when payments are made or you're close to a limit.
Valuable online resources
- online guidance, checklists and tools to help you run and grow your business
- receive our monthly e–newsletter full of key business news and practical guidance straight to your inbox
As an HSBC customer we can offer more support for your business - helping fund growth, easing cash flow, enabling you to take credit and debit card payments or helping you do business internationally. Talk to us about your needs and how we can help you.
See how switching's made easy with HSBC
Free business banking - eligibility
We understand that great value is important to you, so when you move your business bank accounts to HBSC, you will receive a business banking package to meet your business needs.
- If your turnover is less than £500,000, you'll get 6 months free business banking.
- If your turnover is between £500,000 and £2m, you will benefit from a business banking package to meet your business needs. This is agreed with your Local Business Manager on an individual basis and might include a free banking period.
Free banking means:
- No account fees
- Free cash withdrawals
- Free to make payments by cheque, Business Debit Card, Direct Debit Standing Order or our Bill Payments Service
- Free to receive payments
- You can also apply for our business credit card that's fee free for 12 months.
In order to take advantage of any free banking that may apply, all we require is that you choose our Business Current Account - Small Business Tariff or Business Direct. The applicable account tariff comes into effect when your free business banking period (if any) ends.
- Rates and charges
If you are eligible for free business banking, we will not charge you for the provision of our standard account services set out in the table below during the free business banking period
Standard account services Description Cost Account maintenance Fee A monthly charge for the provision of a business current account Free Automated credits An electronic credit paid into your account Free Bill Payment A Bill Payment which is debited to your account via our telephone banking service and credited to a recipient. Does not include Bill Payments debited to your account via a branch or a postal instruction Free Branch credits Credits paid in over branch counter (containing cash and/or cheques) Free Branch cash in Charge for cash paid in at a branch Free Branch cheque collected Charge for cheques paid in at a branch Free Branch counter withdrawal Cash withdrawal over branch counter (ie when cashing a cheque) Free Branch cash out Charge for cash withdrawal over branch counter Free Cash machine withdrawal Charge for debit associated with a cash withdrawal from a self-service machine (i.e. one debit per withdrawal) Free * Cash machine cash out Charge for cash amount withdrawn from self–service machine Free * Cheques paid Cheques written Free Debit Card A debit to your account following a Business Debit Card payment Free Direct Debit paid/unpaid A Direct Debit payment made from or returned to your account Free Internal transfer A sterling transfer from one of your accounts to another of your accounts in the same name Free Internet Bill Payment A Bill Payment made through Business Internet Banking Free Business Internet Banking BACS Payment Charge for each BACS Payment credited to a beneficiary made through Business Internet Banking Free Other debits Other types of debit applied to your account (excluding Faster Payments, Electronic Funds Transfers, Priority Payments and Worldpay payments) Free Standing Order A Standing Order payment made from your account Free
* This is for UK transactions only. Some self–service operators may charge a levy.
When your introductory free banking period (if any) ends, the rates and charges for your chosen account will apply. If you find your banking needs have changed at the end of the free period, you can choose a different account that suits you better.
- Compare the rates and charges for Business Direct and Business Current Account – Small Business Tariff
Standard account services Business Direct
Turnover below £500k
Business Current Account – Small Business Tariff
Turnover below £2 million
Account maintenance fee Free £5.00 per month Automated Credits Free 19p per credit Bill Payment Free 37p per payment Branch credits Free 80p per credit Branch cash in 2.5% of the value deposited *1 0.60% of the value deposited Branch Cheque Collected 5 per month free, then £1 per cheque 30p per cheque Branch counter withdrawal Free 68p per withdrawal Branch cash out 2.5% of the value withdrawn *1 0.75% of the value withdrawn Cash machine withdrawal Free *2 25p per withdrawal *2 Cash machine cash out Up to £250 per month free then 2.5% of the value withdrawn *2 0.45% of the value withdrawn *2 Cheques paid 5 per month free, then £1.35 per cheque 68p per cheque Debit Card Free 25p per debit Direct Debit paid/unpaid Free 35p per debit/credit Internal transfer Free Free Internet Bill Payment Free 23p per payment Business Internet Banking BACS Payment Free 23p per payment Other debits Free 35p per debit Standing Order Free 58p per debit
*1 Paying in and withdrawing cash at branches will be charged at 2.5% because it is not part of our standard Business Direct Service
*2 This is for UK transactions only. Some self–service machine operators may charge a levy.
See how our superior service and support helps make running your business easier.
Switching made easy
When you change banks we know you want to stay focused on your business. That's why we make moving your business bank account to HSBC quick and easy.
All you need to do is contact us to get things underway and later on check we've got all the details correct.
- See the steps we'll take to move your account to us
You start the move to HSBC
- You contact us to discuss your plans and set a date the account will be open by. To help us you'll need suitable identification and your most recent bank statement.
We open your account
- We'll open your new accounts, order your cheque book and business cards as applicable and arrange other services if you want them
- We'll ask you to sign an authority which allows us to obtain your Standing Order and Direct Debit details from your old bank.
- We will transfer your account on a date agreed with you.
Your old bank sends us Direct Debit and Standing Order details
- Your old bank should forward details of Standing Orders and Direct Debits to us within three working days of receiving a request from us.
We send you Direct Debit and Standing Order details
- We'll send you details of the Standing Orders and Direct Debits received by your old bank to be paid from your new HSBC account.
You check details
- You check the Standing Order and Direct Debit information we have received and sent to you, and let us know straight away of any changes by contacting us on 08457 60 60 60
- If no changes are required you don't need to call us.
We set up new Direct Debits and Standing Orders
- We'll set up new Standing Order mandates and advise Direct Debit originators of your change of bank details in sufficient time to meet your agreed transfer date
- We'll liaise with your old bank to arrange the transfer of funds and any loans and overdrafts.
Your old bank transfers funds and closes your old account
- Credit and nil balances – Your old bank should transfer funds and close your account within five working days following receipt of an authorised request from you or us
- Debit balances – Your old bank should close your account within five working days following receipt of sufficient cleared funds from you or us
We transfer funds for debit balances
- For debit balances only we will transfer sufficient funds within two working days following advice from your old bank
We confirm everything is complete
- We'll contact you to confirm your funds have been transferred
- We'll contact you to confirm your Standing Orders and Direct Debits have been successfully transferred
It takes less time than you think
We aim to complete your move to us within two weeks. If your old bank doesn't provide documentation or delays, we'll call you to let you know what we're doing to resolve the problem.
We can switch your borrowing too
- We can usually switch your borrowing/security for free and will match your overdraft rate up to £30,0005
- If you have a credit card, savings account, insurance or any other financial product with your current bank, let us know and we can set up the best HSBC solution for you. You can move them over to HSBC when it suits you.
Choose your business bank account and switch to HSBC
Business Current Account – Small Business Tariff
Ideal if you...
- Use cash and cheques frequently and want our traditional branch service, including a local business specialist
- Want online and telephone banking
- Have a turnover below £2m
Ideal if you...
- Prefer online and telephone banking and use cash, cheques and branches infrequently
- Have a turnover below £500,000
Call 0800 587 49863
The links on this page will open a new browser window and may:
i) Allow you to access other websites. Please read the linked websites' terms and conditions. HSBC Bank plc has no control over non-HSBC websites and is not liable for your use of them.
ii) Allow you to access another HSBC Group website. Please read the terms and conditions of the linked website, which may differ from the terms and conditions of HSBC Bank plc's website.
1Award-winning service delivered in branch, over the phone and online - voted Best Business Bank for Service 2010, 2011 & 2012 by Moneyfacts magazine.
2Textphone 18001 0800 028. Lines are open 8am to 10pm every day (except Christmas day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day). To help us continually improve our service and in the interests of security, we may monitor and/or record your telephone call.
3Lines are open 8am to 10pm every day (except Christmas Day, Boxing day and New Year's Day). To help us continually improve our service and in the interests of security, we may monitor and/or record your telephone call.
4Subject to period of planned maintenance.
5No charges will be levied by us for transferring your borrowing. Application subject to status and credit scoring
We are committed to the. This is a self regulatory Code of Practice that sets minimum standards of good practice for consumers, microenterprises, and charities with an annual income of less than £1million. The Lending Code covers loans, credit cards, charge cards and current account overdrafts.